Prop specifics for 1988 Citation 38

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim B

May 18, 2004
Irwin Citation Chicago
can anyone help with specifics on prop replacement for a 1988 Citation 38. it has a Yanmar 3GM30. looking for diameter, pitch etc. thanks

Jun 13, 2005
Irwin Barefoot 37 CC Sloop Port Orchard WA
Tim, It looks like responses are absent So I'l ask you a question

Not having a Citation I'm not familiar with the prop clearance. You may not know that you need a couple of inches clearance between the tip of the blade and the hull to prevent cavitation. Cavitation would produce a disintegration of the edge of the prop similar to electrolysis. So if you measured the perpendicular distance from your center line of your shaft to the hull, and subtracted approximately 2 inches you would have the max radius of the prop. Double that for your diameter and thats your starting point. So the question is: what is your max allowable diameter? Your pitch will vary with the diameter. The smaller the diameter the larger the pitch. It's generally better to swing the largest diameter and the lowest pitch as the prop bites quicker and has less side thrust. More important when you mare backing. I'l try to come up with something a little more definitive for you but it may take me a little while. I have a friend who has a Ranger 37 with the same engine and a 2 bladed Max Prop. I'l try to find out what prop he swings. Any one else with any Info should feel free to jump in here. Joe S

Jun 13, 2005
Irwin Barefoot 37 CC Sloop Port Orchard WA
Well Tim, I asked my friend and so far

he hasn't answered me. He said that the info is on his boat but everytime he goes to it he forgets about it. He may remember yet so I ll keep bugging him. Sorry I don't have an answer for you as of now. Still wish you good luck. Joe S

T

tim

citation prop info

thanks found out everything i every didnt want to know about props. 15/11 1and1/8 shaft.......but could go to 16/14

Status
Not open for further replies.