Prop Shaft, I need some specs and help

Nov 17, 2019
O'Day 32 CC Dania Beach
I have a 1975 32 CC O'Day with the Atomic 4 (oh it purrs) problem; I am on the hard right now doing some much needed maintenance. I am having a hard time trying to remove the prop shat, can't get the shaft to come out of the output coupler, I broke a bolt but drilled it out still won't budge heated it beat it! Any suggestions? also it you have the specs on the shaft ie; L, dia, etc I may have to cut it at the coupler. Help! JIm

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
Been there done that. Yes, you will have to cut it. Save the pieces line them up and measure the length. Within 1/4 inch is a curate enough. Order the shaft with the coupler. The shaft normally is 1 inch diameter. Replace the 4 inch hose aswell with new clamps. I can not remember it's name.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Have to cut it off..... and when you are reinstalling with new coupling, make sure you put some anti-seize on all parts to make it easier next time.

Good Luck!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The place you order the new shaft and coupler should be able to fit and face them.

Nov 17, 2019
O'Day 32 CC Dania Beach
The place you order the new shaft and coupler should be able to fit and face them.
I have been looking all ready, the shaft is made of solid Bronze very expensive. SS is much cheaper 100 bucks for the material and 300 to make it

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
ss is the way to go.... a prop shop is making this for you??