Privateer Hull Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill W.

I bought a used (obviously)C-13 Privateer about a year ago. The hull takes on water (estimate about 10-20 gal.) as I sail, while the cockpit remains dry. Both cockpit drain/bail holes are plugged tight, as is the transom drain at the aft end, outside, of the hull. The outer hull appears sound. I believe the water is entering the hull at the top of the daggerboard trunk, under the wood cap. Is anyone familiear with this problem? What is the solution? Thanks, Bill W. Melbourne, FL

Aug 23, 2005
- - Tampa, Florida
Leak

I believe that you have a "double" hull surrounding the daggerboard. It is possible for water to enter through a crack or other opening in the outer hull and roam around until it finds a way into your space. It is also possible that the entry point of the water is some distance from where you are observing the entry into your space.

D

Debbie

I own a pirateer

Hi, I also own a pirateer.. i really like this sailboat, but it doesn't seem to sail well in like air. but if the wind is kicking it's awesome.. does your sailboat react the same.. sorry i don't have any info on your problem.. thank you, deb kajunluv@cox.net

Status
Not open for further replies.