Price on a Sunfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick Webb

A fella out here is about to get shipped of to Germany (poor guy) and has his Sunfish for sale. He is asking $800 for the boat and trailer. I do not need one and truth be told am not a big fan of the boat in general but was figuring that as he gets closer to leaving and has not sold it maybe I should make an offer. It would be a good boat for my daughter to learn on next summer she will then be old enough to start. There are not many for sale in the papers around here and was just wanting to get a figure that would be too good to pass up. The boat is in good condition and everything is there.

P

Paul Akers

Good Deal

I sold one ten years ago (boat, trailer, plus performance rig for $1200) and that was 5 years after buying it for $750. They sell for over $2k, now without the trailer. AND there will ALWAYS be a market for them. BTW, they are manufactured right up here near me and they just celebrated their 50th anniversary this weekend.

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

I think that _is_ a good deal...

800 with a trailer is low for the Portland area. I looked for a Sunfish for my girlfriend last summer and wasn't able to do better than about 1200. YMMV, Justin - O'day Onwers' Web

D

David Foster

Good boat

I raced a Sunfish in Key West for a couple of years, and enjoy one in the thousand islands in the St Lawrence river every summer. It's simple, with good performance, and true one design racing possibilities through the most accomplished levels. I recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.