Preventer O'Day 34 or 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Mauney

I am putting a preventer on my O'Day 35 and wondered if anyone has had experience with on. The unique situation is no toerail to hoop to. Second I wondered if a midship block as opposed a bow hook up has been a problem for non-offshore sailing. I am finding very little info on preventer installation in any of the archives on with search engines. Good Winds Dave s/v DAMWEGAS

D

Dave

Preventer on 35

Dave, Just a few suggestions. One is to add a car to the jib sheet track but without a block so you can hook a line with a snap hook from the boom. Secondly would be to hook to the stanchion supports, and a third method is to run a line from the bow cleat through a block either on the jib sheet track ot attached to the stanchion base. I agree with you, no real elegant solution but these should work. A fourth is to mount a pedeye but if you are like me drilling holes in my boat is something I NEVER DO!! best regards, dave

D

Dave Mauney

Thanks Dave

Appreciate the response. I was wondering if you have hooked up one on your O'Day 35 if I remember right, and if so which way you went and how it has worked out. Take Care Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.