Portlight in hunter 26

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
Have a hunter 26 and need to replace the lense (opening part) of the port. They are the Gray enterprises portlights. How do you remove the
pins for the hinges? are they just slid / pressed in there ? they don't seem to want to come out easily. I scared to get too rough with them because all
the plastic has become brittle on the port and don't want to damage anything else. Is there something retaining them ?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Why not replace the replace frame and all, rather than trying to remove the lens? You might these threads helpful:

You can purchase them from this site: Gray Enterprises Ports and Parts

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
would rather not replace the whole port, it's very expensive and there is nothing wrong with the rest of it
just one of the tabs are broken on the lense where the dog secures down on it.

May 25, 2004
Hunter 25.5 Panama City, FL
I replaced all of mine in my H25.5. The pin can be tapped out as described by a previous poster, you just have to be very careful, go slow. Then the hard part is lining the pin holes up just right to get the pins just right for the new port window. I put a nail in one side of the pin hole long enough to get the other side lined up for the actual pin. Then you are good to go on the other side. I hope I explained how I did it good enough.

May 27, 2020
Hunter 26 Idaho
Yep, tap the pin out with a punch gently, but also keep in mind mine were directional. They had sort of “keeper” grooves on one side of the pin so as to stop the pin from rotating. You will want to tap the opposite side of those so that part comes out first and isn’t pushed through the rest of the holes

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
Chrislee, is it obvious which way the pin needs to go. I can't seem to tell for sure. I haven't tried yet was waiting till I actually have the new lense on hand. It's backordered. Looks to me like they may need to push from the inside towards the outside of the hinge. ???

May 27, 2020
Hunter 26 Idaho
If I remember right it was inside to outside, but a good way to know is if you manage to tap it out a quarter of an inch and you see a smooth pin you should probably go back the other way instead lol