Port lights H40

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John C

Anyone know what the model number is for the aft cabin port light lenses on a H40? These are the ones with two dogs to secure them. Bomar/Pomponette can't seem to tell me apart from to look on their website which I most assuredly have!

V

Vinny

1990 H40

has three different lights in the aft cabin. The ones above the bed (under the seats in the cockpit) are Bomar. 9 1/4"x 9 1/4" and the part numbers on mine are # 89018820 and # 89018818. The ones on the hull above the hanging lockers are Lewmars, 12 1/8"x 5 1/8" the same as the one in the head and above the galley. The others looking out into the cockpit are Beckson's 14 3/38"x 4 3/8". When these leak the water runs between the deck and the liner and comes out the steering inspection plate above the bed. There are no screws to tighten. The outer frame is sealed to the deck with bedding compound, as it gets old you end up with a leak. Had to rebed both of mine. All the measurements are approximate glass size it turns out you can't measure the size unless you have the frame out because they use the hole size required as the size of the hatch. Hope this helps. Vinny

J

John

Thanks Vinny

Thanks for replying Vinny but it seems our boats are different. All my ports are Bomar and the ones above the hanging lockers are different from the one in the head. Mine is an 1985 model.

Sep 28, 2005
Hunter 40 Point Roberts, WA
Will get your answer

John, going sailing this weekend and have the same year boat as yours so I will get the information you are after and send you a reply on Sunday. Gord

Status
Not open for further replies.