port-a-pot wooden retainer attachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2006
- - Eagle Creek
The wooden grab bar looking retainer on the floor that holds the portapot in its place has come un-done. Now the pot is free to move about the cabin! Yikes! As the C22 has a false floor you can't get to the fasteners. How the heck am I going to reattach the wood handle looking thing back to the floor and keep the s***er where it belongs?!?! There aren't much worse sounds when you come about than "slide swish slosh"! Yuck!

Jul 8, 2004
- - Pinedale, WY
Toggle fastener?

Beery: Hardware stores carry fasteners for household wallboard where you slip a folding nut device on the bolt through an enlarged hole. The arms spring outward and you tighen against the backside. If you could get it in stainless it ought to work Even in non-stainless it would probably last many years in a nice dry C22. Dick

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Try a lag bolt, most of those things in

floors in Catalinas are simply lag bolted in. If the holes have gotten messed up, seal them with epoxy and redrill and bolt. BTW, it's a portapotti, although I guess you could call it a pot to piss in. :)

Jul 26, 2006
- - Eagle Creek
I'll give it a try!

Sounds like a good idea. I didn't think of something that simple! Now, to find a couple in stainless will be tough. I don't use the stupid thing, it's just there for the wife. By the way, don't drink the water in Indianapolis:)

Status
Not open for further replies.