Polar diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mick Boland

I just went to the local boat show. Benateau, and I'm sure others, have polar diagrams right on their sales brochures. I guess this is more complaint than anything else. I don't understand why Hunter, as large and as good as they are, ( I do like my '90 35.5 )doesn't suport their owners with this information. I know it's available thru a sailing Assn. at about $150, if they have the numbers on the boat you inqire about. Doesn't Hunter consider it's buyers sophisticated enough to make use of them? I resent that as much as the snobbery of Tartan, C&C, Frers, ect. owners. Many Hunters will perform, why won't the Mfg. support our efforts??

M

Michael Cohn

Well....

Quite honestly, Hunters are NOT racing boats. They are fast cruisers, but are generally not competitive in serious racing, which may account for the lack of polars. MC

M

Mick Boland

2 sailboats = race.

The existance of this forum demonstrates some Hunter owners are interested in racing - usually in PHRF fleets. The PHRF rating on many of our boats say we should compete well with the majority of the boats usually sailed in those fleets. The idea of PHRF is a level field - demonstrating the sailor's skill. No,it isn't perfect - but it is good. Thus, I say again - Why no support from the factory?? I think anyone reading this forum and article should be requesting polars from Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.