Plumbing adaptor Whale to Scandvik

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
I'm having a difficult time with this one ... I bought a Scandvik cockpit shower to replace the original unknown model on my Catalina 320. I completely destroyed the box getting the old one out so there is no turning back. It looks very much to me like the original plumbing used a Whale 90 degree bend for the adaptor between 15 mm pex that Catalina installs and the 1/2" female BPS receptor. I can't find the right adaptor. Scandvik provides an adaptor that has a 1/2" male NPS thread but literature says that won't fit with BPS. All the adaptors that I can find have BPS male to NPT female. I can't seem to find a suitable adaptor.

Has anybody made this type of conversion from the Whale fitting to a Scandvik product? I'd like to avoid cutting the PEX tubing if I can but that may be the only solution. I'm pretty confused by Catalina Direct's offerings because they don't seem to match what was in the boat (and they are expensive and/or not currently available). I've already purchased the Scandvik product so no turning back. I'm just trying to figure out how to adapt the plumbing.

Dec 4, 2023
Hunter 44 Portsmouth
Hey Scott. I have replaced my Scandvik cockpit shower and adapted it into 15mm pex before. Can you grab a picture of the connection you're having issues with? I'll compare it with what's going on with my setup, unless someone else can help.

PS - are any of these the right adapter? I see that you mentioned BPS, but I just looked at a Scandvik cockpit shower and they had an 1/2" NPS adapter listed. Sorry, I'm having a bit of an issue visualizing what the issue is if you're trying to go from 15mm marine PEX (on the boat's water system side) to 1/2" NPS (on the cockpit shower inputs).
Watts AquaLock/SeaTech - Female Connector - 15mm x 1/2 NPS
https://defender.com/en_us/whale-qu...2Ee6kP_qQStmlcQx42WPkTVjF4fIXpMRoCRjIQAvD_BwE

Last edited: