Please any info about G 26

• Thread starter Pavel Syrovatchenko
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pavel Syrovatchenko

Please any info about G26 manufactured by Grampian marine Ltd(CANADA). Boat is not so popular and I can not find any WEB about here. If somebody has personal experience with that boat please let me know. I'm very very interested in that info. Thanks a lot. Pavel Syrovatchenko My e-mail: syrov@hotmail.com

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
goodoldboat.com

Check out goodoldboat.com. They have a listing of owners associations for many boats. My impression is that the Grampian is respected as a very solid boat. Its quite slow, but will get you there.

D

Don Evans

Grampian...Long gone but not forgotten

Pavel, there are lots of Grampians still sailing, especially in Ontario waters, where the company resided. The company folded over 20 years ago but these solid cruisers are still being bought and sold. If you go to www.sailnet.com and go to their "boatcheck" feature, type in Grampian26, and 10 owner reviews are to be found. E-mail any that are listed for further information. There are a number of owner sponsered Grampian web sites. This one is a good one, and has many links to others.http://www0.delphi.com/grampian/ Good luck with your search. Don

Jan 22, 2003
Hunter 25_73-83 Burlington NJ
Observed at Annapolis In-water Sailboat Show

... October 1977. Whilst passing through the land-based boat exhibits: Frustrated Grampian dealer, standing up in cockpit of boat, crying out in desperation above crowds: "DOESN'T ANYONE WANT TO BUY A GRAMPIAN 22?" My (cocky) brother, then age 18: "NO!" Crowds: [laughter] Sorry, but that was how it was for us, and (sadly) Grampian, in the late '70s. Cherubini Boat Co. took in deposits representing an entire year's production run of 44s AT THE SHOW (in only four days of it in fact-- $30 grand, cash, each day). The guys at the AMF/Alcort (Sunfish) booth directly astern of us did not sell as many hulls as we did. I guess it was easy to feel cocky... then. JC

Status
Not open for further replies.