plates sliding

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Ray

About 4 years ago, you talked about sliding plates on the cockpit table....:yeah:

Come up with any ideas?

I know what you mean now.....got some new plates and.........:puke:

paulj :troll:

Attachments

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
I'm looking forward to some ideas on this one. I thought about drilling a couple of holes holes near the edges of the leaves to slide in removable fiddles with short dowels. Take them out and fold up the table. Could have used something like that at lunch time when sailing accross the Bay last week. Even though light air, had to keep a finger on the plates!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Silicone. Turn dishes upside down. Silicone the edge. Place on waxed paper, push down a tad. Allow to dry. Use.

Oh, remove paper.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Silicone. Turn dishes upside down. Silicone the edge. Place on waxed paper, push down a tad. Allow to dry. Use.

Oh, remove paper.
Stu

Shut the front door........

Years ago that is what you suggested to me and it worked great.....I just got some new plates and bowls and will have to redo I guess.

At the dock, The guests from the next boat over brought the salad and their knives,forks and plates.....really dinner entertainment... everything kept sliding :laugh:......but when the Bud lite bottle would move, things got serious:poke:

paulj :troll:

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Did a couple of things

Nothing as elegant as Stu's solution, but we got some of that material stuff from the dollar store that you lay down and it keeps things from sliding - believe it is for lining shelves. Also we got some of those little rubber feet about 1/8" high that we stuck to the joints in the table so the wings would not sag. That helped quite a bit.

May have to think about Stu's ideas as that would supplement the other things I did and make it the cat's meow. :)

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
The cats meow because their Bud rocks on the table.

Paul, wow, you remembered that I passed that on to you yrs ago AND I remembered what it was.

Will wonder never cease :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.