Pickwick Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howard R.

I would like to introduce some really good sailing on one of the best freskwater lakes I know of in the southeast. In fact if it stayed summer all year long I would live on this lake. Pickwick Lake starts in lower western TN. and goes into northern MS. and northern AL. It is the TN. River. The beauty of Pickwick is it is wide, long and DEEP, bank to bank. Lots of nice places to anchor for the night or days on in. I spent 4 weeks on this lake when I took my cruise to the Gulf and loved it. People are friendly and the northern Mississippi girls love to party. Fair Winds to all of you, Howard R. Misty Blue Nashville, TN.

R

Rick Belew

I second the motion

I have been at Pickwick Lake for two years and the winds or good the water clear and deep and the water falls and rock and hill covered coves relaxing. We just had our Governors' Cup regatta and what an event. It started with a friday night party on Aqua Marina's houseboat with recognitions of all the sponsors and one beer for each sailor. (okay maybe a few more than one) On Saturday we had two races then a wine tasting and then a seafood buffet and then more partying at Freddy T's bar. Sunday one more race then the awards presentation at Grand Harbour Marina at the swimming pool with one more beer for each sailor. All this was planned by a dear sailing mate "Mike Shepard and Christy his wife and 1st mate" So yall come on down.

Status
Not open for further replies.