PHRF?

• Thread starter RACOOPER11@PROGIDY.COM
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RACOOPER11@PROGIDY.COM

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PHRF RATING FOR THE HUNTER 340 WITH ROLLER GIB?

T

Tony Re

34 hunter :pHRF

PHRF in Long Island : 150 Base rating That is with 5555 standards, Your 34 is not standard. a roller may indicate a less square footage jib....probably giving you 6 additional seconds. You probably have a fixed 2 blade prop...giving you 6 additional seconds. Your main is probable short ..not all the way to the back to end of the boom, giving you 3 if not 6 seconds. Now do you fly a spinaker? without a spinaker add 18 seconds. If you have an oversized spinnaker deduct 3 seconds from the base. Conclusion ...183 ! This asumes no spinaker, short jib and short main and a fixed prop. You would be listed by PHRF 183. also depends on your area of the country you are in.

F

Frank Pitts

phrf

I believe the question was concerning the model 340 not the model 34. Nevertheless the previous answer is correct in stating it is dependent on which region you race in. I race on the Chesapeake on my 1984 Hunter 34. My base rating is 132. A roller furling bumps that by 6 making it 138. A folding prop is assumed as is a full 155% headsail with no credit given. The boats are asssumed to be "race ready". It's tough, I know. Spinnaker boats do not race with non-spin boats so there is no diff. given in the ratings. My Chesapeake Bay PHRF rating stands at 138, and I have to live with it.

W

Wolf-Mosella

PHRF Rating for Hunter 410

Does anyone know the PHRF-Rating for a 1999 Hunter 410 w. Wingkeel, Furling Mainsheet and 110 Furling Gib? Submitted by Wolfram Milz on Aug 9,1999 E-mail address www.mosella1@earthlink.net

D

Dakota Jim

Got a 165 w/spinaker from NB

I sent my specs in a paid my fee to Narragansett Bay, (Providence RI). Have a cruisng spinnaker, and a two blade feathering prop. Also added full battens to the main. Base rating was 138. After all the additions for the 110 furling headsail (+12, +6), no spinnaker pole (+9), it totaled out at 165. Without spinnaker it totaled 171.

B

BK

PHRF 410

All PHRF areas use a different basis for rating boats. Our area (phrf-le) just assigned a rating of 120 to the 410. This compares to a Hunter 335 at 141. My personal observation from racing 2 races against a 410 in 10-12 knts is that the 410 won't point anywhere near as high as similarly rated boats, and will not go deep angles downwind at all. It does reach like crazy. Your challenge will be to find point to point races with a lot of reaching.

J

Jim Anderson

phrf rating

We're using 150 and think it could be too low

C

Chuck Millar

Lake Ontario PHRF

I sail a 1984 Hunter 34 out of Bronte Harbour, Ontario. PHRF rating is 162 for white sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.