Photo of 9.2c oven install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2008
s2 9.2C NJ
Does anyone have an oven in their 9.2c? If so please post a photo as I'm in the middle of installing an Origo 6000 and I'm trying to preserve drawer space. The drawer glides are on plywood glassed to the hull that must be cut out. I'm making more teak trim to match the front trim. This might take a few trips to the boat!

Mar 29, 2008
s2 9.2C NJ
Thanks,
I already printed those out. I'd like to see below the oven if someone had managed to keep a drawer. The oven install interferes with both drawers but I'll make a shallower one if it will fit.

Mar 29, 2008
s2 9.2C NJ
Well here's the just about finished product! I didn't re-hang the door under the sink when this photo was taken and there's alot of junk laying around, but you get the idea. New white laminate to replace the gray, new granite laminate on top!

Attachments

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Looking good! Did you remove the white laminate or just go over it? How was the laminate to work with? I am actually thinking about redoing the kitchen at home, but haven't gotten up the urge to give it a shot yet. Chocolate brown laminate from the 80's now (yech). Did you have to shorten the drawer much? I looks like it squeaked, but you managed to retain it.

Mar 29, 2008
s2 9.2C NJ
I had gray laminate. I sanded with 80 grit and made paper templates then glued on top of old. Then I made more teak trim to match the old. The laminate is pretty easy to work with. We had two drawers that we lost. I had to make a small drawer for under the oven. I might put the displaced drawers in the port setee (next season). If your doing a kitchen in a home I'd just make a new top and not bother laminating over the old.

Status
Not open for further replies.