Perko fittings for the companionway stairs

Apr 27, 2011
S2 9.2A Newport News, VA
In addition to everything else, I'm looking at adding a removable plywood extension to the port settee so I can use the starboard settee's cushion to make a double berth, when needed. To do this, I need to be able to move the companionway steps about six inches to starboard. I'd like to add another pair of those Perko chrome retainers that hold the upper part of the steps to the engine cover, so I could offset the stairs when extending the port settee, but move them back to center most of the time. I pulled one of the pieces from the engine cover and it's got the Perko name on the inside, along with the number 669, but I find nothing like it in the current Perko catalog.

Anyone know of a source? I'll attach a rather out of focus snap of the bits in question.

Thanks.

John

Attachments

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
john try SBO....... i have searched the net and not had any luck...... you may send perko an email and pic and they will tell you where to get them...... if they are still available

Apr 27, 2011
S2 9.2A Newport News, VA
Thanks, Woody. I did just find an email for the Perko sales department. I'll fire off a note to them with the picture attached.

John

Apr 27, 2011
S2 9.2A Newport News, VA
If Perko can't come up with the original fitting, I guess a couple of sets of these would hold the steps against the engine cover okay. It'd be neater to not have to have extra hardware on the steps, though.

Attachments

Apr 27, 2011
S2 9.2A Newport News, VA
Heard just now from Perko. Here's their not very encouraging reply:

"The 0669 has been discontinued for at least 20 years, John. It is no longer available.

Carlene"

Seems like there should be some NOS gathering dust somewhere!

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
don't feel bad John i was trying to replace the anchor locker lid latch and could only find it in Australia ...i contacted them and was told they don't ship to the US..what a bummer..and it is the same exact latch used on the boat only now its made of SS...go figure...i sent a chainsaw to a friend of mine down in the melbourne area one time because it was cheaper here and by the time they got it and paid the duty it was only $50.00 cheaper lol ......

as for the hook thing i would look at the buck algonquin replacements instead...i really don't trust the hook thing

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
John, have you tried your local ACE Hardware store? Sometimes these kind of things aren't marine-specific.

Apr 27, 2011
S2 9.2A Newport News, VA
Okay - no more suggestions! SBO's store had the Sea Dog locks, so I ordered from them.

Thanks everyone. Problem solved!

John