Pedestal

Jac123

Apr 19, 2019
Catalina 30 Forked River
I am having a problem with my throttle not holding a constant speed- I found this photo with the adjustment bolt circled in red.I am going to adjust that but my question is what are the screws right next to it on the throttle housing for and the one on the gear housing. Should they be tight?

Thanks

Pedestal.jpg

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
That picture is REALLY small. I cannot blow it Up enough to even see the screws you mention.

that looks like my Edson pedestal...and I had to tighten that friction screw to hold the throttle from backing down.

on the other screws, my advice is, if you can snug them down, fine...but otherwise, “if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.”

Greg

Jac123

Apr 19, 2019
Catalina 30 Forked River
This is a pic from the internet that shows the 2 screws over the shafts. Those are the ones I have a question about.
1591360737042.png
t

May 7, 2011
C - 30 # 3573 Lake NormanNC formerly Bflo NY
JAC

They retain the throttle and shifter shafts from sliding sideways in the housing (as well keeping a Delrin bushing in place).
There's a groove machined into the shaft and the screw fits into the groove. So yes, they need to be tight.

-ken

May 7, 2011
C - 30 # 3573 Lake NormanNC formerly Bflo NY
Thanks Ken
Have you joined the IC30Association? The 1,600 members over there answer questions like these every day
www.catalina30.com
It's helpful to cross-post questions on that forum