Pedestal Guard H31

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerry Bogert

The boat is a 1985 H31 and I want to install a pedestal guard. The pedestal was manufactured by Merriman Yacht Specialties. I believe they are no longer in business. An Edson distributor recommended a kit from West Marine. I was told the bolt pattern would be the same but the diameter of the plate may be 1/8" larger than the assembly on the pedestal. The plate was too large, the bolt pattern was incorrect and it would not fit between the shift and throttle levers. Has anyone added a pedestal guard to this model? If so what equipment and where did you purchase it?? Anyone with pictures?? Thanks, Gerry

F

Frank Pratt

Edson

I used the Edson Pedistal Guard. Be sure to install the plate that braces the guard below the shift housing, if you use the 9" guard, otherwise you will have a clearance problem with the throttle and shifter.

G

Gerry Bogert

Wrong Plate Size

Thanks for the response. I contacted Edson and they will exchange the plate (size 6) for the correct plate (size 45). The diameter of the size 45 plate is 6 7/8 inches and should fit. Yes, It needs to be mounted below the shift levers.

Status
Not open for further replies.