Passage 42 port salon bench top removal advice.

juznip

Aug 4, 2022
Hunter 42 Nanaimo
Need to remove the port salon bench top and replace. Any advice on how to reach the screws that are placed behind the back support part of the bench? Can the entire FRP bench be removed without chopping anything up?

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Need to remove the port salon bench top and replace.
Why does it need replacing? I've not do so, but first removing the base part from the bench top, which is held in place by screws, should help with removal.

juznip

Aug 4, 2022
Hunter 42 Nanaimo
There is some water damage and it has a soft spot, thats the reason for removal. There seem to be some screws that are not accessible without removing some of the port side back support/shelving. Hoping someone who has removed either the top or the entire FRP bench can offer some advice before I “fix it” too much.

May 24, 2022
Hunter 42 Passage Goodyear
Need to remove the port salon bench top and replace. Any advice on how to reach the screws that are placed behind the back support part of the bench? Can the entire FRP bench be removed without chopping anything up?
It's been awhile since able to get back on here. FYI I took mine apart and pulled completely out to fix some things and pull Floors out. I have some photos. You will have to remove the corner back rests. Everything unscews and comes apart like a puzzle and can be all put back together with the only woodwork you'll have to do is replace the wood bungs that cover the screw heads. And that's only if you want to put back the same for cosmetics. If anyone would like more info or details I can try to figure out how to get in contact or post more details.
Hope this helps with at least a start.
Noah

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Thanks for the update, Noah. Always good to know when the time comes. Posting some photos would be great.