Panel indicator lights

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Hey all,
My C 310 (hull #1) has small red indicator lights - one for the LP gas vale and the other for the bilge pump. They light up when the switch is on as an alert. My LP gas valve light has burned out but the valve still works fine. I cannot figure out how to remove these bulbs to change it?

ForumRunner_20140215_134620.jpg

ForumRunner_20140215_134620.jpg

See pictures. Can anyone tell me how to replace the burned out light?
Thanks.
Bob

Attachments

Jun 9, 2004
Catalina 385 Marquette. Mi
Those lights are most likely glued in. The panels were manufactured by Seaward Products. You used to be able to get replacement parts from them, but I heard they sold, and parts were tough to get. Radio Shack?.

Jan 17, 2013
Thanks, was able to remove the old one. Pushes in, does not twist or pull out. Now the search for the replacement begins.
Bob

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Bob, Doug's right. This is not a "marine" question. Bring it to Radio Shack and get a replacement. Good luck. Luck not involved. :)

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Lake Pueblo, Colorado
My red light for lp gas burned out. Did radio shack have a part number! Thanks

Aug 16, 2009
Hunter 1986 H31 California Yacht Marina, Chula Vista, CA
How is the bilge pump light wired [I assume to the float switch]? Want to put one on the pod on the pedestal so I know if the bilge is filling long before water starts sloshing out of the cabin and into the cockpit.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
High water alarm

How is the bilge pump light wired [I assume to the float switch]? Want to put one on the pod on the pedestal so I know if the bilge is filling long before water starts sloshing out of the cabin and into the cockpit.
You might want to consider a high water alarm. This would be a separate float switch, mounted somewhere above the level of water that you would normally find in your bilge, and wired to a separate light and an audible alarm. I mounted the light next to the normal bilge pump light, with an audible alarm mounted in the electrical panel. I bought both parts at Radio Shack.
The problem with mounting the normal light remotely, like at the pedestal, is that you would get used to it going on and off all the time, and you might not notice that the pump had stayed on for an unusually long time, until as you said, water is sloshing out of the cabin. The audible alarm gets your attention very quickly.

Attachments

Jan 17, 2013
Just an FYI that the Radio Shack light (for lp gas) did not work but found an exact replacement on Catalina Direct that works perfect. Skip Radio Shack and order online from Catalina for minimal hassle.
bob