Paddle to the Sea

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
This says it all. Great parenting!

MacNeill Ferguson, Ollie and Harry’s dad, tells Quartz that the goal of the bucket list is to encourage his sons to explore the world around them while engaging with their communities, having fun, and learning things along the way. “Everything we do has an element of learning in it,” he says. That’s consistent with the science of playful learning, which tells us that play is at the heart of kids’ emotional and mental well-being, and helps children develop the skills they need later in life.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Abso-€¥(《#-lutely.

This idea has been around for centuries, but we can't seem to teach it to the majority of our parents. Raising and teaching our kids through playful exploration of the world needs to be part of the education goals that graduates leave school understanding. That way, they not only learn by such methods, but perpetuate it as well.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
ahh, paddle to the sea. I was fascinated with that story as a kid and I still think of it every-time I walk a stream thinking about everything that eventually ends up in the oceans.....

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
If the boat is not careful, it could sink Robert Redford's boat.

This is too cool. Wonder if it reaches the gulf if someone will take it to the Pacific and let it continue on it's way?

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
If the boat is not careful, it could sink Robert Redford's boat.

This is too cool. Wonder if it reaches the gulf if someone will take it to the Pacific and let it continue on it's way?
I'm betting that it will see its next landfall in Europe. And if you are a romantic,,, Peterhead Scotland??

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Think so @heritage? I think it will enter the Gulf and stall there. This is going to be interesting to see what happens.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
ToySailboatTracker.jpg

The HMS Adventure is currently on the outside of the Windward Islands. There is a lot of traffic ahead of her. You can never tell if she will come ashore on Barbados or one of the other numerous islands between her and the States. Whomever finds her may decide to drop her on the inside. While this is an interesting experiment in ocean currents, it is also an interesting experiment in human currents. I didn't see a spot in the tracker site to log a find/pickup/relaunch data, but that would be interesting information.

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
Will, the track gives the last date of may 12 2018. if i read that correctly.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Jon, I did not notice the date. I thought I grabbed the latest point on their tracker site. It is really fascinating and everyone should check it out. It has different back drop views that include satellite and wind animated wind maps. https://yb.tl/a

-Will (Dragonfly)

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
That little boat, filled with polystyrene, is probably unsinkable. Hopefully it will wash up on land and someone will get a new gps tracker battery for it and send it on its way.