Pacific Yachting Magazine - Complimentary

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
As a paid subscriber I felt a tad slighted to learn that the PY magazine digital edition was accessible free of charge to . . . well everyone, both subscribers and non subscribers. So I emailed their customer service to inform them of the opening. This was their reply:
"We are aware and this is the decision of upper management for it to remain this way for the time being."
I guess the key phrase is "for the time being". So until they close the gate, Go Crazy!
Pacific Yachting Magazine - Digital Magazine

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
That is because the website does not work entirely. I suspect it is under construction.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
True, it is slow. Takes about a minute to load one issue but once it's there, no problem with speed.
Lordy, Lordy. I tracked the amount of data that it took to download the February 2022 issue to Acrobat. It seemed to be a 4 step process to eventually save a pdf file so that I can read it later on my iPad. The data required to do that was very near 1 GB.

• Wow

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Can't help to wonder what else is being downloaded with that PDF file.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
The size of a Pacific Yachting digital magazine has been consistently between 250MB and 300MB over the last 2 years. February’s comes in at 330.9MB. Read them and delete them. In comparison individual Sail Magazines take up approx 45MB.