P42 Macerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Trammell

You don't seem to like the macerator type head flush, factory installed on my P42. Why? How much water does it use per flush? How big is the holding tank? What bad things can I prevent from happening?? THANK YOU--------jim

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

Macerator toilets...

With one exception (Raritan Atlantes), all macerating electric toilets require 1.5 - 3 gallons of flush water to move bowl contents from the toilet through the entire system and/or rinse solids and paper completely out of the pump and macerator. Using less leaves sewage in hoses...or worse yet, bits of solids and paper in the pump and macerator to gradually clog it. So using a macerating electric toilet correctly fills up a holding tank in a hurry...failure to use it correctly (i.e. taking your finger off the button as soon as the bowl is empty) leads to problems: permeated hoses and clogs. And there's no alternative...'cuz, unlike manual toilets, macerating electric toilets offer no "dry flush" option...water has to keep coming in, or the intake impeller "fries." Same is true of impeller macerators (which have other potential opportunities to "fry" impellers) . So I'm not a big fan of any impeller-driven toilet or macerator. I have no idea how big the holding tank is on your boat...Jim Bohart should be able to answer that one if another owner can't. How to prevent problems? Keep your finger on the flush button for at least 5 full seconds after urination only...at least 10-12 if there are solids or paper in the bowl. And plan on going to the pumpout often.

B

Brad Cavedo

Holding tank size

it depends on the year of the boat. our 1997 is 35 gallons. prior to 19?? they were 25 gallons. I do not know the change year.

Status
Not open for further replies.