Owner's manual and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otia

Jan 15, 2011
Bavaria 38 Cruiser 2004 Grenada
Looking for an owner's manual for a Bavaria 38 Cruiser year 2004 and all other technical documentation that may be available. Anyone has and could forward to me in electronic form? Or do you know where to get?

Otia

Jan 15, 2011
No support provided by Bavaria's website

Have you tried calling Bavaria yachts?
Hi Joe, thanks for your reply.
I did check out their website but it provides info only for the latest models. Mine is a model year 2004 commissioned in 2005. There is no info available on Bavaria's website for it, it seems Bavaria thinks a 2005 boat is to old to provide support...

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Hi Joe, thanks for your reply.
I did check out their website but it provides info only for the latest models. Mine is a model year 2004 commissioned in 2005. There is no info available on Bavaria's website for it, it seems Bavaria thinks a 2005 boat is to old to provide support...
It is not common for production boat builders to change their models from year to year, like cars. i.e. A Bavaria 38 is a Bavaria 38.... It is likely that your 2005 model is the same as the 2010 model so no new brochures or spec sheets have been published. But you will never know if they support an "ancient" 5 year old boat unless you actually talk to someone who represents the factory.

It might be worth your while to actually give them a phone call...or call a dealer...or e-mail them. They wouldn't have older boat info on a website designed to promote current models.

Call and ask for customer service. All boat manufacturers still in business will have some kind of support service. If they don't have what you are looking for they will direct you to owner's groups that may.

I googled bavaria owner's groups for you for a start.

http://www.byoa.org/

http://www.bavariaowners.co.uk/homepage/homepage.php

Otia

Jan 15, 2011
The 2004-05 B38 is different, it is actually a 40 ft boat (40' 7")
I did check the owner's groups, and emailed a contact at Bavaria, awaiting for a response.

Jun 19, 2010
2003 Bavaria 44 Chesapeake Bay
We were able to get our documentation on our 2002 B44...we
Got it after much searching. It taught us nothing about the boat and wish I had not wasted my time. What are you trying to figure out.

The 2004-05 B38 is different, it is actually a 40 ft boat (40' 7")
I did check the owner's groups, and emailed a contact at Bavaria, awaiting for a response.

Otia

Jan 15, 2011
thanks all for the help, a contact at Bavaria is sending me a copy.
@duncanhoo: nothing special, just trying to complete my records set.

Status
Not open for further replies.