owners manual 1989 Mercury 9.9 HP 210 cc outboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob griffin

I have a 1989 Mercury 9.9 HP 210 cc outboard Does anyone have a list or known what maintenance needs to be performed on the above motor? I changed the lower units oil and checked the zink and intake. the plugs are new. It has always been a good runner but I have never changed the impeller. Thanks

M

Mel Elliott

Owners Manual

I would say you've been lucky and change the water pump. I found the owners manual for my 89 Tohatsu on-line, so I'm sure the one for your Mercury is out there.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Mercury

Good luck. I bought an '03 Merc 9.9 on ebay w/o an owners manual. All attempts to find one have led back to Mercury who will sell you one. I haven't bought it yet. I picked up a maintenance manual from a local dealer instead.

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
impeller

I have a old (1987) 9.8 merc. I was very suprised how little the impeller was. (about size of 50 cent piece). I suggest you change it each year. often when changing one on larger ob's I see one of the 'ears' broken. never knew any difference, until I saw it. grease, lower unit oil, pull the prop to check for fishing line, impeller. thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.