Overboard discharge of waste tank?

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 419 Milwaukee
Hi all. I have a Sun Odyssey 419 and I know there are some common features with the benetteau.
I am prepping to go to the bahamas and cant find the valve to empty the waste tank...
Looked everywhere....

What am I actually looking for? :)
I thought I would find a valve near/under the waste tank but I don't have access under the tank and I don't see anything relevant under the nearby sink...

Thx in advance

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
If Milwaukee is your home port, that puts your boat on Lake Michigan. If so, or if it is on any of the Great Lakes, you have no need to know the location of that valve because it's illegal to dump a waste holding tank in ANY US waters and/or the Canadian side of the Great Lakes too. To dump a tank legally you must be in open OCEAN at least 3 miles from the nearest point on the whole US coastline. Nor is it legal to use an onboard waste treatment device in any of the Great Lakes.

(None of us were born knowing anything about boats of any size...the same is true of mechanical terms...we all have to learn it all. Not everyone succeeds, but most people who actually want to learn do.
Your English is better than most native English speakers.)

--Peggie

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
It appears that Odessy has never dumped it in the Great Lakes since he can not find the valve. Instead he wants to dump it when in the ocean on the way to Bahamas.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Oops...I was too focused on keeping him legal in his current waters to pay enough attention to his first post to see that he's prepping to sail to the Bahamas.

--Peggie

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Regardless of the laws.....I find it absolutely necessary to know the location of all thru-hulls....

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 419 Milwaukee
It appears that Odessy has never dumped it in the Great Lakes since he can not find the valve. Instead he wants to dump it when in the ocean on the way to Bahamas.
Hahah yes you are right and thanks for pointing this out