Outboard Engine Mount

• Thread starter Ed P. - Orangevale, CA
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ed P. - Orangevale, CA

The tension spring on my motor mount just snapped. Since the spring is mounted over a portion of the mount that is welded in place, does anyone know how this can be repaired ??

F

Frank-Stagg4@gateway.net

Tension Spring

When I bought my boat #10583 used several years ago the tension spring was broken. After many jury rigged attempts at using hose clamps and tubing slid over the broken part I finally gave up. In addition, the side plate with the notches kept breaking and I would keep getting it re-welded. I did not use the spring assist for 4 years and many strained back muscles ( I have a 100# 10Hp Honda) I decided to buy a new one from Catalina Direct -Foredeck. The new design is reinforced and has 2 springs. My wife can even do it. Good Luck Frank

D

DANNY HAIN

REBUILT MOUNT

ED, I had the same problem last summer.I rebuilt mine.You can buy just the interior bracket with spring plus bushings for around thirty dollars. I dont remember the name of the company but Catalina Yachts in Woodland Hills refered them to me. I would recomend new bolts as well. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.