Opening windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RonaldPothier

We are considering upgrading our big 3 foot 10 inch window to a window that opens. Has anyone tried this upgrade to a G26?

jimq26

Jun 5, 2004
- - -
Opening portlight that size??? - NOT!

I have seen smaller opening Lewmar portlights mounted into the large G-26 salon portlights, but never the full opening. It's your boat - try it if you want, but be aware that you are going to be very wet.

jimq26

Jun 5, 2004
- - -
Very nice work John.

It would be nice to have one in the head as well, but you did a super job. Luv your topsides colour.

R

Ronald Pothier

Yee of little faith

If I order these windows. I will make them work...properly. I thought someone had some advice as to awning type opening or sliding.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
If you order them

If you order them they will need to be custom made and will be big for custom made opening ports $$$$$$$$. here is no portlight company I know of making the odd & usually brand specific port sizes not even for Catalina's and there are thousands and thousands of them out there. If you want custom made ports talk to Bomon in Canada. Tim R. just ordered a custom made set for his Ericson.. Bomon http://www.bomon.com/fixed.htm

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
My Islander had picture windows in the main cabin

and one tiny opening port in the head. They ALL came out and were replaced with Lewmar opening ports. The picture windows were completely removed and the hole were glassed shut. New openings were cut for the new windows. I feared what might happen should we be hit by a large wave. Small port lights even when stove don't let very much water into the cabin.

Status
Not open for further replies.