open-able portlights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neil

I've seen the article on installing an opening trannson portlight on the F235 (and may do it this winter), but I wonder if anyone has looked into replacing the two side windows with units that can be opened. I suspect that whatever units are available that could fit into the existing slot would not fit perfectly, and that they would probably significantly change to 'look' of the boat, but I'm wondering what options are out there anyway.

R

Robert Murphy

lexan

I just ordered new lexan from plasticfolks in pittsburgh,pa. found them on e-bay. they will cut any size.

S

Steve C

My boat has 2 additional port windows

One of the previous owners installed 2 small port windows on my boat. They are just aft of the plex-a-glass? side windows between the side windows and the cockpit bulkhead, on both port and starboard side. My boat does not have the Beneteau Name there, nor the seahorse. The port windows are above the galley and the head. They fit in with the look of the boat and when I purchased the boat had no idea that they were not standard factory equipment. They are small, same height as the plex-a-glass side windows and small enough to fit into that space without looking like a chop job. I like them, they add additional ventilation. The only complaint I have is they open inward and hinge on the top, so when it's raining you need to close them, otherwise rain drips in. They have a screen to keep bugs out. I do not have a photo at this time, but if your interested in seeing a photo, I could be persuaded to take some and post them here or send them to you.

N

Neil

Yes please!

I'd love to see a photo or two (inside & outside?). Also, do you have any idea who the manufacturer was - is it indicated on the units themselves? Thanks, Neil nquigley@comcast.net

S

Steve C

Here is a picture of the starbord side

As you can see, it fits in nice in the area of the vinyl stripe. I need new vinyl Stripes, it's on the list. Neil, I'll send you pictures in an email attachment, posting them here I have to make them so small you can't see anything. Let me know if you don't get them.

Attachments

K

Kelly Holsten

Would like the shots as well

Send to me via my address here. I would like a the shots as well and might even throw on the site as mod. Thanks! kh http://www.beneteau235.com/

S

Steve C

Kelly, I sent them to

beneteau235@earthlink.net let me know if you don't get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.