Online Salvage yard?

May 16, 2021
Oday 25 Lake George
New to the forum and new to my 1975 Oday 25. I’m interested in installing a lifeline and maybe stern railing. Is there any sort of online salvage yard? I can’t see spending $1k for this given the age of the boat, looking for options.

Cheers,
Todd

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
For some unknown reason there are marine salvage dealers across Florida....FaceBook also supports these businesses. Best course of action is to use a search engine and be as detailed in your verbiage

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
................I’m interested in installing a lifeline and maybe stern railing. Is there any sort of online salvage yard? I can’t see spending $1k for this given the age of the boat, looking for options................
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new sailboat!!

Consider low cost Suncor Stainless Steel Do-It-Yourself Lifeline Kit OR find them sized for your boat here Virtual Silver (drmarine.com) . I installed these uncoated lifelines on my Hunter 46. Just need to buy or borrow a suitable stainless steel cable cutter. Buy O'Day 25 stern rail here Stern rail for a 25' O'Day - Mass Marine Parts . If you want to find an on-line sailboat salvage yard do an internet search on "on-line sailboat salvage yard".

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Hi TC. Congrats with the boat and welcome to the SBO Forum.
We have a local company called Railmakers. They came to my boat. Checked the physical dimensions. Built a bow and stern pulpit for 1400. The stern includes a couple of seats in the corners of the pulpit.

Look for a SS rail manufacturer and ask them.