On-Board Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerry Keto

Just finished installing an LCD High Definition Television & surround sound system on the Hunter 34. The picture and sound is excellent and the space sacrificed is minimal. No more stowing the tube TV and components when going sailing, everything is fixed mounted. The sub-woofwer is mounted up off of the floor under the nav table.

Attachments

S

Steve

How?

Jerry, Nice job! Looks similar to the unit I just installed on my H380, but I'm interested in how you connected external speakers. My system only has a jack for a headphone unless I'm missing something. Any details you could provide would be appreciated. Fair winds, Steve S/V Options

J

Jerry Keto

Sony Dream System

The surround sound system is nice in that Sony has marketed a 5 disc, dual scan DVD player, speakers (5 cube, 1 sub), and Prologic reciever all in one compact unit. However, audio output from the TV to the reviever was a bit dissapointing in that Samsung and Best Buy state that the TV has an Audio/Vidio output. In fact, there is NONE. The audio output to the TV can only be accomplished via the headphone jack and a splitter cable.

F

Fred Ficarra

Check out our 5-1 system

I've installed a 5-1 system in our 86 H34. It took a complete rebuild though. The subwoofer is also under the dinning table. The system rocks. The TV shown on the web site is outta there. A new flat screen is installed that will also display the computer stuff. I had better update my site. Lots has changed. Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.