Old ST4000 Control head case?

jpeac2

Feb 9, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 351 Belmont Harbor
Hope the winds are fair!

Trying to get 1-2 more seasons out of my old Raymarine ST4000+. The crazing has gotten so bad on the acrylic in the case that it would be great to replace this. I see better shape control heads for $350-$500 but if I am going to buy that I am thinking it may just be time to replace it all.

I read about trying Novus but I fear these are deeper than that could help with.

Anyone ever cut out the acrylic and put in something in its place? Or, anyone know of a place I could find one of these? Been poking around on ebay but nothing lately. Emailed some of the sellers and they are looking around but thought I would see if anyone here had any thoughts.

Attaching a couple shots to show the damage.

Any ideas?

Attachments

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Get in contact with this guy:
LCD Screen for Raymarine / Autohelm ST4000+ / ST5000+ Heads -Replacement Display | eBay
I bought the LCD screen replacement from them and am satisfied.. They sometimes have just the front cover which is what you need if your screen is still OK behind the crazing. They have a repair service that looks reasonable.. .. ya might wantt to send the unit in to be repaired..
I agree at the $350+ price range, I'd opt for a replacement..

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
It looks like you're almost there! I would try to carefully cut out that acrylic, measure the thickness, and source a piece.