% of fractional

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ozana

I'm applying for a PHRF rating for my 1995 35.5 Legend, a couple of the of the questions are: What is the % Fractional, and the boat's designer. Does anybody know?

B

Broad reach

HUNTER RIG

The Hunter Legend 35.5 and the 35 both have a fractional rig refered to as as "7/8" rig. The active number here is six as in (6 feet). Multiply the seven by the six and one gets 42, which is the approximate height of the forestay hound attachment. Multiply the eight by the six and one gets 48, the approximate height of the mast above the deck. As to who designed the Hunter Legend series (ie:35,35.5, 37, and 37.5) I do not know. It would be nice if we did as there are a lot of questions about the basic legned hull design and the fractional rig. Where are you sailing out of?? The HL35.5 PHRF is available in most of the race areas as most ot the Yachting Associations have a web sit with the PHRF numbers assigned to the boats in there area of interest. Broad Reach, Pensacola, FL

O

Ozana

I sail...

on the Chesapeke bay, around Annapolis, MD. There is another 35.5 registered in the area with a rating of 141. I need to fill a PHRF form locally so I can get a rating for my boat in order to race. So I guess the boat has an 87% fractional. I will try Hunter for the designer info. Thanks, Ozana

Status
Not open for further replies.