Oday Widgeon Mooring Cover?

Nov 17, 2019
Oday Widgeon Lake Gaston, NC
Hi all, I recently acquired an Oday Widgeon and am having trouble finding a mooring cover. I would love to keep the mast, boom and sail ready to go during sailing season. I have googled, checked sites that have pre-designed covers and can't find one. I don't want to spend $500 on a custom designed cover. Anyone have any suggestions on where to check? Or perhaps there is another common 12' sailboat that I could use the cover for.

Jun 5, 2020
O’Day 222 Lake Pewaukee
Hi all, I recently acquired an Oday Widgeon and am having trouble finding a mooring cover. I would love to keep the mast, boom and sail ready to go during sailing season. I have googled, checked sites that have pre-designed covers and can't find one. I don't want to spend $500 on a custom designed cover. Anyone have any suggestions on where to check? Or perhaps there is another common 12' sailboat that I could use the cover for.
Check with R&R Marine they specialize in Used O’Day’s parts D & R Marine

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
your not going to find a custom cover for anywhere near $500

Nov 17, 2019
Oday Widgeon Lake Gaston, NC
Thanks all. R&R doesn't have one. This is my first sailboat, so curious about options. The Widgeon is ~12', so I wonder if I could get a standard (cheaper) cover made for a 14' sailboat and make it work. Seems like most sailboats have mast and stays in about the same location, so with a larger cover I could make it work? End goal is to be able to keep sail on boat to reduce time to prep and take down as I often have an hour after work to sail.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
You would be hard to find a none custom sail cover for that money. If your talking a cover that would cover your whole boat while accommodating shrouds and stays then you are talking a couple grand custom. Trying to make one fit from another boat will require retrofitting and taking to a canvas shop. I would probably try it being I have a mobile machine that would allow me to fit and alter at the location of the boat but paying someone to do it would not be cost effective. I think you would not be happy with any retrofit being that it might be covered but not able to keep water from pooling and the time it would take to install and remove would be significantly more than installing a sail. Get a sail cover for it.