O'Day 302 Wheel

Suri

Jul 2, 2021
O'Day 302 Chicago
I want to buy/install an autopilot on my O'Day 302. Any Brand Names and Model recommendations? Also, can someone tell me if the 302 has hydraulic steering? Thank you in advance.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I want to buy/install an autopilot on my O'Day 302. Any Brand Names and Model recommendations? Also, can someone tell me if the 302 has hydraulic steering? Thank you in advance.
The O‘day 302 does not have hydraulic steering. If it has the same set up as my 322, it will be an Edson steering system…

Lots of threads about AP’s…but only a few options for a wheel pilot…Raymarine or CPT.

If you really wanted to go to the Expense of a below-deck AP, you have more choices, but probably overkill on a 30-ft boat on Lake Michigan.

I had an older Raymarine ST4000+ on my O’Day 322. Worked fine but was getting a long in the tooth. I replaced it with an “open box” ST6002 AP with a rudder sensor. I like the system. Works well even in heavier conditions.

Raymarine‘ current offering is the EV-100. I imaging the computer is better, not sure about the rest… sand it does not have a rudder sensor.

Greg

Suri

Jul 2, 2021
O'Day 302 Chicago
The O‘day 302 does not have hydraulic steering. If it has the same set up as my 322, it will be an Edson steering system…

Lots of threads about AP’s…but only a few options for a wheel pilot…Raymarine or CPT.

If you really wanted to go to the Expense of a below-deck AP, you have more choices, but probably overkill on a 30-ft boat on Lake Michigan.

I had an older Raymarine ST4000+ on my O’Day 322. Worked fine but was getting a long in the tooth. I replaced it with an “open box” ST6002 AP with a rudder sensor. I like the system. Works well even in heavier conditions.

Raymarine‘ current offering is the EV-100. I imaging the computer is better, not sure about the rest… sand it does not have a rudder sensor.

Greg
Greg, thank you for taking the time to guide me. I really appreciate it.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Where do you moor your 302?

I am at Pastrick marina in East Chicago, IN.

Greg

Oct 29, 2017
ODay 302 Kenosha WI
Suri

I have a 302 and installed a CPT, easy install has been reliable and best of all does not make noise.