O'day 302 cabin questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

todd

How big is the aft cabin on the o'day 302? It has been very hard to find these dimensions or even a decent estimate of how big it is. What other boat's aft cabin does it compare to. I am in the market for a 30 with an aft cabin. I have a 25 Catalina now. I've been in the Pearson 28, Hunter 30, and Catalina 30 (older one) and looked at their aft sleeping quarters and am real interested in what the O'day would be like since the boat looks so nice on the outside in pictures. Also, is this a nice boat (good comments, bad comments please)? Thanks everyone. Todd

J

Jim Sullivan

Oday 302

Todd: I too have a high level of interest in the Oday 302 and hope to get more information here. I am sure the 302 was arrived at by adding a new hull liner, deck and swim platform to the C. Raymond Hunt designed Oday 28. These changes were brought about by Bill Shaw while working for/with Everett Pearson. (Pearson history in Good Old Boats). So the 302 is a 28 with different interior. Pearson Purchased Oday and Cal out of the bankrupt Bangor Punta Marine remains in 1986. There are a few available on the market at reasonable price. I don't even know if the title says Pearson or Oday. (My own Oday 280 has the title which says Pearson Yachts with no mention of Oday). The Oday 272, 302 and 322-(the Oday 30 with a swim platform added) (Bill Shaw again)is currently being manufactured by Takayama in Japan, spec's and pictures can be obtained there, but few if any are being sold. Interesting that there is not even a place for the 302 on this forum. I expect the 302 to have aft accomodations similar to other 28 footers and to be a very good small coastal cruiser as Hunt designs are known to be. Good luck and good sailing: Jim Why Knot! see also> odayjapan@aol.com > http://www.marine.co.jp/oday

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

Todd - There's a 302 here in Portland and while I have never been on it, the hull looks exactly as Jim suggests - 28 with a swimstep added. I would also expect that you're going to get accomodations similar to a typical 28. What are trying to accomplish with your new boat - working from the other direction might make more sense. Justin - O'day Owners' Web

Status
Not open for further replies.