Oday 28 1981. Replacing heavy hose and packing box assembly

Aug 9, 2011
oday 23 Toms River
I would like to hear how you made access to the four hose clamps during this replacement process . Speciffically the two aft clamps. Thanks

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I would like to hear how you made access to the four hose clamps during this replacement process . Speciffically the two aft clamps. Thanks
Pictures may help for those up if us without that model boat.

On my O’Day 322, I have pretty good access to the stuffing box and hose…

IMG_0053.jpg

Greg

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Can you get to it from the cockpit locker or quarter berth with a panel removed? If not maybe let fuel tank run down then slide it aside?

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
There are flexible driver tools available or you can use an open end/box wrench to tighten or loosen clamps. There are only two sizes likely to be on your boat, 1/4" and 5/16". You can buy a driver tool with both sizes on a reversible head $12 Amazon.

Aug 9, 2011
oday 23 Toms River
Can you get to it from the cockpit locker or quarter berth with a panel removed? If not maybe let fuel tank run down then slide it aside?
Maybe removing the forward panel which supports the fuel tank would allow that little extra space needed. Thanks Being carefull to provide support to the tank. Thanks

Aug 9, 2011
oday 23 Toms River
There are flexible driver tools available or you can use an open end/box wrench to tighten or loosen clamps. There are only two sizes likely to be on your boat, 1/4" and 5/16". You can buy a driver tool with both sizes on a reversible head $12 Amazon.
Yes Thanks. Tried the tools suggested. I suspect the clamps were installed when previous owner swapped out the engine and fuel tank when it was wide open and got the clamps in an orientation which can’t receive the tools. Using my scope light for possible solutions. Thanks

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
@RoyS I hope that is in your opinion only? Ha ha!

In the world of British Car enthusiasts, we call them Dumb Previous Owners

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I found in tight places a "zero degree 3/8 drive gearless rachet" to help move sockets or even hose clamps.
1631290726981.png