O'day 19 centerboard operation.

Sep 10, 2019
O'day O'day 19 Pistakee lake
I'm about 6 weeks from putting my boat in the water. I've never sailed it, and I don't have a owners manual.
So my stupid question for today is, how does the centerboard lower and raise. I'm assuming the line coming
through the deck in front of the companion way is the controller. It is on a trailer so I cant really try it out until it's floating. More stupid questions soon.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Yup, that's it. Lower it easy so it doesn't slam into the front of the CB trunk. Lifting it up should be easy, because it's minimally ballasted so that it sinks, but not so heavy that it's hard to raise up.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Great. Thank you. Once it is do I need to do anything to keep in place?
When it's down, it's down. Sitting at dock or anchor, it will probably knock against the CB trunk, but while sailing, lift will keep it pinned to the side of the trunk. When it's up, the pendant line should be cleated off it keep it up. I prefer to keep mine up whenever I'm not sailing. Hearing it knock about means there's wear happening...

Jul 30, 2019
Seaward 25 777 Fort St. James
I believe your 19 and our 20 should be identical. We sail in shoal water regularly, and we will part raise the CB to save it from unnecessary shocks. There is a small cleat conveniently placed and we always cleat it off to that.