ODay 17 Daysailor Keel Function

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe

I am looking at a DS2 (I think!) that is for sale. I understand that the keel automatically extracts and retracts. Can someone explain the general operation of the keel system and assure me that it is a good system. I will sail the boat in protected salt water.

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

Automatic?

Joe, The DS2 has a nifty cable actuated design to raise and lower the blade, but I have never seen one that was automajic. The design is a good one, requiring troublesome maintenance only in the event of a cable failure that in my experience is rare. Could you describe what the seller said to make it sound automatic? Justin - O'day Owner's Web

T

Tony Maris

DSII Centerboard

JOE, When a new Daysailor is purchased there is no way to get the centerboard out of the trunk after it turtles(flips upside down). You MUST add this feature by either: drilling a hole in the centerboard leading edge to get your finger into for lifting or install a locking pin so that the centerboard is locked down or tape onto the centerboard a length of rope to pull on when the boat is upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.