Oceanis 41/45 - has anyone replaced the discharge pipe from main head?

May 31, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Has anyone replaced the discharge pipe from main head? This looks a nightmare! It's now full of calcium that's set like concrete. Getting it out will be bad enough, but then getting the new one threaded through. Any advice on this?
ThankOutlet pipe 3.JPGOutlet pipe 2.JPGOutlet pipe 1.JPGs.

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
My advice would be:
* Make sure all liquids are emptied out from the old hose!
* You can cut the old hose to facilitate its removal.
* Use this hose for replacement, it's the most flexible: Raritan Sani / Flex Sanitation Hose
* If you need the hose to be more flexible when installing you can heat it with a heat gun or put it in hot water.
* Worst case would be to remove the tank to get the hose in but I don't think you'll have to do that.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
If this is your first time replacing hoses, a couple of tips that should prevent it from being a nasty stinky job:

Before you begin, flush a LOT of clean fresh water through the entire system including the tank.

Start with the highest connections, duct tape the ends as you remove each one.

Warming the old hoses a bit (I always used a blow dryer) will make them easier to get off the fittings.

Put a plastic waste basket liner under each connection to catch any spills.

Warming the hose also makes it easier to get the new hose onto the fittings. Lubricate the inside of the hose and the outside of the fitting with a little K-Y...it's a water soluble surgical jelly that dries out and is also much slipperier than dishwashing liquid.

And I'm sure you already know that all hose connections should be double clamped, with screws 180 degrees apart...or at least 90 degrees if access makes 180 impossible.

Jul 14, 2020
Beneteau 331 Lake Conroe
If there is nothing wrong with the hose except for the calcium, have you tried to fill it with vinegar and let sit overnight? That might dissolve the buildup..

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
That won't work. Distilled white vinegar has to be replaced every 45-60 minutes because that's as long as it's effective, making it far too labor intensive to be worth the effort needed to use it to remove a serious buildup. A cupful or two every week, flushed all the way through the system, followed after 45-60 minutes with about a quart of clean FRESH water will prevent buildup, however. Never leave vinegar sitting in the bowl. When soft rubber (joker valve) is allowed to sit and soak in vinegar it swells and distorts.

Several "doses" of muriatic (hydrochloric) acid --available from any hardware store--used according to directions will do it, however.

--Peggie

Oct 5, 2015
I replaced all the hoses in both heads in my 461 this past summer for age and odor reasons. Like Peggie said, hair drier and KY and replace hose clamps as required. Good luck

Sep 16, 2022
Hunter 410 Cheyenne, WY
Has anyone removed the after head discharge line of a Hunter 410. I've had both ends disconnected and attempted to push/pull the hose out. It won't budge, almost like the boat is built around the hose. There's no way to reach the middle of the hose (without a Sawzall). Hose is too old and calcified to solve with chemicals. I can't believe the boat designers gave no access port? Help please.