Novice question - How many safely in a C22?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lisa Woodburn

Hi, I just purchased a Catalina 22 several weeks ago and was curious: How many people can fit safely on a Catalina 22? (What's the weight limit?) How many can fit comfortably on one for a day cruise? Thanks! Lisa

D

Dave B

Depends on your idea of fun

We used to have a 22 and the most we had on her was 3 adults and 4 children. Depending on the particular day it was either 2 adults or 4 kids too many. I'd say 4 average adults would be about it.

L

LaDonna Bubak - Catalina Owners

Four

We're talking "comfortably" right? How many were you thinking? LaDonna

L

Lisa Woodburn

Thinking of 4 ++!

LaDonna Was thinking of 4 adults + 1 (big) 7 year old. A bunch of us gals want to have a "pre-tax-season" sail (yeah - we're accountants) and the 4 is now up to about 6+. Was curious as to how many people could safely fit on a Cat 22, in case we wanted to go for a long day sail and trade off being in the cabin. Otherwise- we may just get a slip at the marina and make it a weekend out of it! Thanks for the input! Lisa

D

Dave LaPere ( Nature's Cradle)

??????

Hi There, Can I go ???? LOL Happy Sailing Dave :)

E

Eric

We've had 7 on

Last season I invited several couples out for the day on our Catalina 22. There were 7 adults in all and it was quite comfortable for the whole day. There were at least 3 people in the cabin at all times and the other 4 spread out in the cockpit and bow. No problems. Have fun!

P

Pete

We had 4 adults and 5 children for a 2 hour sail in light winds and calm seas. The adults and 1 kid stayed in the cockpit, and the 4 other kids were on the foredeck or cabin. I wouldn't make a long trip with that may though.

L

Lisa Woodburn

Thanks for the responses!

Certainly don't want to overload the boat, but for a couple hour cruise (or two or three cruises...) on the lake (depending on the weather)it's nice to know how many people/kids have stayed safely & happily afloat on a Cat 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.