NorthSouth Charters

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay Beery

NorthSouth Charters in the BVI is a great choice for the sailer on a limited budget. This is contrary to an earlier comment on this site. The only problem we had was the light bulb over the cockpit table blew out. We decided we could manage without it! We did see another customer of NorthSouth have a transmission cable problem on their trawler, but the customer support guys (read that as "fix it guys") were there in less than 30 minutes. I cannot say enough about the employees of NorthSouth that work much longer hours than we do here in the states just to take care of their customers. I must say that the equipment is older but seems to be well maintained and there is a genuine interest to get your opinion on what could be done to better the experience for the next customer. We highly recommend this company, mixed with lots of common sailing sense, for a great week in the British Virgin Islands.

K

Kurt Schurenberg

Different strokes for different folks

Jay, glad you had a good trip with NorthSouth. Just goes to show that feelings about charter companies are very subjective. All it takes is one bad trip for a charter company to lose a charterer, but a good trip will make a charterer extremely loyal, and likely to repeat. Maybe we'll try NS again--our trip in 1997 where we lost a good part of a day while they serviced our boat might have been the exception, not the rule. I'd like to think so. Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.