News

David

Jun 17, 2004
Macgregor 26x Morecambe
I recently learned that I will become a father of twins soon. :shock:

This has prompted some significant rethinking. As a result, we've made the difficult decision to simplify our lives by ending the Challenger refit project.

I've listed the boat on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4637550365) and will put a classified in Good Old Boat magazine.

Let me know if you have any advice or suggestions on selling.

Best Regards,
David

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Congratulations David! Twins!

Feel free to use me to help with your sale. My email is: tomyoung3@verizon.net Feel free to send anybody with questions I may be able to help with.

I've posted the sale on a couple of websites, I'll be watching the auction.
The boat is a project that will take some time. It's good to know you may not have the time and make the right decision to move on.

Whit

Sep 13, 2004
Hunter 30_88-94 New Orleans LA
Congratulations & Condolences!
Please let us know what your plans for the site are. This site has been a great asset in bringing together Challenger owners and our common problems.

David

Jun 17, 2004
Macgregor 26x Morecambe
Thanks

Thanks Tom and Whit. It continues to be a difficult decision, but many factors are pointing at it being the right one. We'll be selling the house after this and moving closer to my office. Right now I have a 50 minute commute. We wouldn't be able to keep the boat and move closer to my office due to land costs here in the SF Bay area.

Tom, Thanks for listing it on other sites. I can use all the help I can get. I've lowered the reserve on ebay so I'm sure that it will sell this week.

Regarding the site, I have no intention of suddenly shutting it down. At least I've accomplished one thing with the Challenger by bringing together a community. Still, eventually, the site needs to migrate to another moderator and another service. Plenty of time for that.

Regards,
David

Sep 9, 2004
Boats are boats; kids are the ultimate joy. Our best to you and your wife, and we'll also do anything we can from Florida to help you sell or advertise your boat.
Dave Richardson and Cathy Robertson.