Newport 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2013
Newport 27 New Bern, NC
On the starboard side in the cockpit there is a slot with a metallic lever . Does anyone know what this is for.

Apr 8, 2013
Newport 27 New Bern, NC
The lever looks like it can be attached to an extender to be moved up and down.

I do not know Where the origin of this lever is. The lever has the approximate thickness of a broom stick.

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
I used to own a Newport 27 but don't recall this. Can you post a picture?

Apr 8, 2013
Newport 27 New Bern, NC
Yes,

I will send a picture. It will take a few days to get out to the boat.

Thanks for the help

Apr 8, 2013
Newport 27 New Bern, NC
Although I am reluctant to admit it I think my answer regarding the " lever" comes from my wife. She thinks it is where you attach an extension to the tiller for an "autopilot" like mechanism.

Could she be right?

Dec 11, 2008
catalina C27 stillwater
If I were a guessing man, I would suggest this is connected to a manual bilge pump mounted under the seat in the starboard lazarette...

Apr 8, 2013
Newport 27 New Bern, NC
I will re-explore this lever in 5 days when I can get back out to the boat.

Thanks

Jun 22, 2012
Catalina 27 std dinette mission bay
The lever looks like it can be attached to an extender to be moved up and down.

I do not know Where the origin of this lever is. The lever has the approximate thickness of a broom stick.

It's a manual bilge pump and is located on the other side of the panel. The handle is probably in the storage area under the cockpit bench. It will most likely be 6-8 inches long, have a handlebar like grip, be made of aluminum and have a slot that fits on the pump lever. It is located there so you can operate the boat and pump the bilge at the same time...

If you can't find the lever, you can purchase a replacement or fabricate one yourself out of a piece of appropriately sizes tubing.

Status
Not open for further replies.