Newbie with a 1969 Columbia 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhahn

Oct 23, 2010
Pearson Triton 28 San Francisco
who would like to help me get my bearings with my new to me Columbia 26? The number on the blue plate in the head next to the space that has C-26 is 470.
The mast is a funky brown and I would like to know how it should be cleaned? Can I get any information on the original plumbing and electrical? what size outboard should be used? Are any parts available? (side cabin ports) Any info would be great. Thanks John

Oct 24, 2010
Columbia 26 mk2 port moody
Hey I am a newbie owner too. We have a 1972 26 footer. I have managed to find original brouchure and manual on the columbia site, that should help with original plumbing drawings as I recall. We have used an older mercury 2 stroke 7.5 hp and it worked, but you wouldnt win any speed records, i believe that i read somewhere that it is rated for 9 HP, and I know next season will have one of those if not I think a 15 HP would be ideal, not sure of your thoughts or any others but we where not able to sail since both our halyards are down, and we did a lot of motoring, and the 7.5 HP worked but a more powerful one would of been more enjoyable.

Anyways here is the link I hope you find it useful.

http://www.columbia26mk2.com/colmenu.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.