New water heater for Wind Song

May 4, 2015
Here are some pictures of a new water heater just put in this week. Isotherm slimline 20. It is located under the galley counter, port quarter. There is a heating circuit from the engine. I have not hooked up the electrical part, no need, i don't have a shore power connection and don't spend time in marinas anyway. The old one that came out looked to be close to 50 years old! It did its job, but while the galley was apart, best time to replace it. A nice feature on this unit is a mixing valve to set max temp at the faucet. I have scalded my self more than once...... It is 316 inside and out, with what I am sure is improved insulation, it should last a while. Some pics below. Note my sightings on other Caravelle's - 1 has hot water tank in port cockpit locker, another has an additional fuel tank on this same shelf. Then new water heater takes a bit more room than the last, so some storage loss for engine oils, anti freeze, but then could fit this heater in, without total demo. Enjoy - Lloyd
new h20 heater..jpeg
new h20 heater.jpeg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice work. Strapped both ends. Wood support of the bottom and brace supports for the front. It is a 20 liter tank? Short showers.

May 4, 2015
yes, 20L but that water is too hot to use and is mixed, more than 20L in reality, so plenty for a navy shower. That said, really only need for doing dishes. I tend to jump in the ocean, rinse on deck with fresh, and or use my HO2SunShower with fresh water in it, a shower in the head is a last resort lol.