New use for Sun Shower

Jun 4, 2007
Gulfstar 37 Noank, CT
This isn't as technical as bleeding the fuel system, but I thought that I would share this.

I was trying to figure out how to dry out my Sun Shower for the winter so that mold would not grow inside. My wife suggested that I keep it full and change the water once a week. Well, I took her advice but when I went to change out the water, I realized that it can water the indoor house plants. Works great!

Ok, now you can tell that I am really bored tonight!

Mike

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Now if you can figure how to water multiple pots from the same point at the same time, very slowly for a week, then you can go away for a week and not kill everything.

Oct 15, 2008
Banjer 37 San Rafael
What also works good for the water bladders is to empty as much as possible, then freeze it. I did this with my camelback bladders I used cycling or kayaking.

another mike

Ctskip

Sep 21, 2005
other 12 wet water
A long rubber hose with a clamp, so the drip can be adjusted, like they do in the hospitals on the IVs. They control the rate of fluid passing. I do the same with my water fountain and it's pump. I control the flow through the hose with a screw clamp.

If you place the empty water bag in a dark (no light at all ) place would mildew still form?

Keep it up,
Ctskip

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Put a teaspoonful of bleach in a quart of water and put that in the bag and slosh it around and drain. That should kill any spores that might be in there.