New (to us) Morgan OI 416 Ketch!!!!

Jun 27, 2022
Morgan Out Island 416 Ketch NY
Hi all.

I just thought I would jump on here and say hi.

We have just (last week) closed on our 1982 Morgan OI 416 and we are over the moon. No pun intended considering her name.

Anyway. I look forward to reading and participating in the group.

Ed & Lori
S/V Selene

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Welcome. Please submit survey for our review.
Just joshing! Tell us a bit more about how you found her, where she was/is, her condition and what your plans are for her. And a little about your sailing experiences.
Some pics would be nice.

Jun 27, 2022
Morgan Out Island 416 Ketch NY
Welcome. Please submit survey for our review.
Just joshing! Tell us a bit more about how you found her, where she was/is, her condition and what your plans are for her. And a little about your sailing experiences.
Some pics would be nice.
HI!
Ok well.....

Found her online searching for a boat within our price range and specifically in the NC to Maine area to begin with.
I looked a a bunch of other classics but always always had an eye for the Morgan's. I just have always liked their line.

I found "Selene" in Niantic, Ct. and and she was actually just about 10K below the price I had set as my limit. She had only the week before had a haul out and survey and sea trial done secondary to a previous bidder. That report was graciously shared to us after that person opted out for "personal & financial reasons."

The survey was super clean and showed Selene to be fully satisfactory and in EXCELLENT above average condition for her age etc., with many new up grades and just over all exactly what we were seeking.

The purchase is from the original owner which by its self is amazing and she was kept meticulously by that fellow.

We have been summer time sailing for about 20 years and own 2 sailboats. An O'Day DS I and an O'Day 25. We have been sailing those on the big lakes here in upstate NY. And a brief stint off shore racing a Morgan 30 in NC.

Our goal has always been to retire and liveaboard and just go wherever we are feeling it.

I'm retired Military and a retired FF/ Paramedic but the Mrs is not yet retired. Though the plan is for that to occur next year as well as sell the house (we're upstate NY just outside Cooperstown). Our initial plans are the New England coast from Old Lyme, Ct. where she will be kept. We have daughters and grandchildren in Saco, Maine and SE Florida (Delray Beach) so our plan is clearly to bounce between them based on the Hurricane season etc with the greater goal of the usual Caribbean, Bahamas and perhaps to Mexico & Central America. We have a fondness for Panama.

And while all that sounds ambitious there area few things/ upgrades we want to do to the boat before going off on those bigger trips. Things like Solar and or wind generator etc.etc......

So that's it and us in a nutshell. We look forward to learning about our Morgan here and enjoying the camaraderie of fellow Morgan enthusiasts.

That's her in the photo and I'll post up some of the interior once I get them on here from my phone.

Attachments