New to me 79 C&C30 Introduction and couple of questions

C&C30

Dec 29, 2019
C&C 30 Southport QLD Australia
I recently flew out from Australia and picked up"3 Maries" on the west coast of Florida with a plan to sail around the Keys and Bahamas over the next few months.

I noticed the boats been Florida registered most of its life so was hoping to connect with some previous owners to piece together some of the history and possibly recover some missing parts. Theres a "Prince Henrik - Prince of Denmark -Stamford to Denmark Friendship Race" plaque from 1982, suggesting its done the Atlantic before which is impressive!

Theres also a stack of photos left on board from the previous, previous owner which would be good to return.

Things I'm wanting to recover are the original head and v berth doors. They've been removed, presumably for ease of access to the shelves and berth. However the young lady traveling with me has requested that privacy of doors to the head be installed.

Also as per the image of the sink in the head is missing a tap. I want to get a retractable one that doubles for showing but would like to know if the floor in the head can have a drain hole drilled to allow the shower water to flow into the bilge? It looks likely but hasn't been done yet so wanted to hear from other C&C owners to find out.

Ahoy and nice to meet you all.

Attachments

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
I have owned a C&C 32 and 1980 C&C 30. Great boats! On the C&C photoalbum site you used to be able to list stuff for sale and also ask if folks have stuff for sale - but I think that part has been taken down. However, you can access the emails for each and every C&C 30 owner - and they will reply to your emails.

The most useless doors are the ones that are directly before the V berth. Would they fit? Or maybe a bit of modification around the door frame if they are smaller??

If you go to "South Shore Yachts" in Ontario, they stock many of the parts for C&C - not likley they will have a door.

I am not sure about the shower question. I had a garbord (?) plug installed, so I know there is a large spot under the mast that can fill with water. I imagine you could have a shower drain going to that but you would need a fast pump to get it overboard. The PO of my boat installed a hot and cold water cockpit shower.

Feel free to email me personally if you need help.