new to hunter sailboats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2004
- - hawaii
the main link does not list the model 90 anymore. are they discontinued? where can i find one? the liberty looks like the walker bay boats. are they similar? i want to buy a car-toppable sailboat. any suggestion?

gball

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 170 Alachua, FL
Cartoppable boat

Hi Loki4stuff, I believe the Hunter 90 has been more or less "replaced" by the Hunter Xcite-- see link. http://www.huntermarine.com/models/Xcite/index.html If you are not set on a Hunter car-toppable however, you might consider a Laser, or a Sunfish. I personally think the Laser is worth a serious look as far as cartoppables go. I will wager that the Laser is faster than the Xcite and of course, it's an international class boat, so there's TONS of advice/chat between sailors to be had. Just a thought, since you're looking for a cartopper. I own a Hunter 170 though, and there's no doubt Hunter (JY for Hunter, in my boat's case) designs and builds a terrific boat. Just had to mention the Laser, as it's probably one of the fastest, most popular cartoppers made. Best, Mike G. Alachua, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.